Monday, June 25, 2012

NARS Ophelia Lipgloss

The blog post I have for you today is a newfound favorite of mine, NARS Ophelia lipgloss. When I first heard about the NARS lip glosses, all I heard was how bad they smelled, like plastic. I decided to try them out for myself since the shades were neutral and offered my kind of colors, neutral pinks. I decided to try Ophelia and I immediately fell in love. The lipgloss was not sticky at all, it was lightweight, thin, and didn't have a fragrance that I could recall.



I found myself wearing this lipgloss every day, and I would re-apply it throughout the day because I loved the way it made my lips feel. As time went on I started to notice the "stale" plastic smell that I heard people talk about. The smell wasn't unbearable, but it definitely did smell like stale plastic. Once I noticed the smell, I kept using the lipgloss and once it was applied, I could not smell it on my lips. The lipgloss had too many things I liked about it to let the smell in the tube affect my use of this product.



To date, this still remains one of my favorite lip glosses. I have Ophelia and Angelika, and I think its the color of Ophelia that does it for me; it is sheer, neutral and it goes with everything. It is perfect for the office and it doesn't dry my lips out. Angelika, is the bright pop of pink that brightens your whole face up. It is the kind of color to wear during the summer with a natural eye look. It is very opaque and I find that you get the desired color in one application.



Since I am almost out of Ophelia, I thought i would go ahead and try Chihuahua. It is the perfect color for everyday. It is definitely a "my lips, but better" color that I feel any skin tone could pull off.



Have any of you tried the NARS lip glosses? What did you like or dislike about them?

-A


No comments:

Post a Comment